Child rights advocate Sally Ujano to receive judgment on rebellion charges

Maria Salome “Sally” Crisostomo Ujano | FREE SALLY UJANO FACEBOOK PAGE

MALOLOS CITY, May 15, 2024 — Child rights and anti-human trafficking advocate, Maria Salome Crisostomo Ujano, anticipates the promulgation of judgment on Thursday, May 16, concerning the rebellion charges brought against her.

Scheduled at Taguig City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 266, the verdict in Criminal Case No. 148404 will mark a pivotal moment in Ujano’s long-standing legal journey.

Ujano, 66, was arrested on November 14, 2021. She pleaded ‘not guilty’ to accusations of being a high-ranking official of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA) and being involved in the ambush of two military personnel in Quezon province in 2005.

Released on bail on December 29, 2022, following over a year of detainment, Ujano has since worked closely with her lawyers and colleagues for her pursuit for justice.

In commemoration of Mother’s Day on Sunday, the Free Sally Ujano Movement, comprising a coalition of child and women’s rights advocates, alongside Ujano’s relatives, peers, and supporters, initiated a prayer campaign to rally for her liberation.

Issuing an impassioned plea on social media dated May 11, 2024, Ujano articulated her unwavering hope for justice and genuine freedom: “As I await my promulgation…my fervent prayer is for justice and truth to prevail…I pray that the Lord will grant my wish for my real freedom so I can continue my role as a mother to my kids, my apos, in-laws, my pamangkins, and to the children of our communities. God bless and protect all of us.”


Post a Comment

0 Comments